A collection of brain dumps which I feel the need to share with the world.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Peak Time

I didn't ever watch Twin Peaks in the eighties, but bought Series One on DVD a couple of years ago, and loved it.
Wanting to know whodunnit, I went out to buy Series Two. Couldn't find it anywhere. I've since discovered that's because it doesn't exist!!

Thousands of people worldwide are crying out for the release of Series Two, but for some unknown reason, the TV companies holding the rights won't release them. There is an online petition with over 27,000 signatures so far, but still no joy.
I beg anyone reading this to go and sign it for me, even if you don't care less - I must find out who killed Laura Palmer! (but please don't mail and tell me - I'd rather wait for the DVD!)

Thinking about it, this happens so many times, and it just makes me so angry. Every time I go into my local supermarket, I can't buy the nice product I discovered last time, because it doesn't sell more than two cases a week, so they discontinue it. Every time I go to buy my child a toy she has seen on TV, it's not available in the UK until next year. We are only allowed to buy what 'they' want us to buy, when 'they' want us to buy it. (Can't really understand that with the toys, though - by the time the toy is available, she's lost interest and moved on to something else, so they've lost a sale. Duh?)

So, I want you to go out to your local supermarket tomorrow and complain about something you can't find. (they are the worst offenders - massive stores bigger than a football pitch, but apparently not enough room to stock both varieties of Pataks pickle?) Anything. Unless you live on chips, beans and cornflakes, there's bound to be something they've decided you can't eat again. Just give them a hard time, and remind them that the consumer is still king.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home