A collection of brain dumps which I feel the need to share with the world.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oh Blog off...

I've been waiting for this to happen. Yes, at first it was a novelty, then it was quite therapeutic, but ultimately, I knew it would happen. Writing my blog has become just another chore: Feed cat, finish assignment, feed husband /child, do washing, make beds, write blog.

At first it was a joy to ramble on regardless, without the restrictions of word counts and referencing. Now I feel the pressure to come up with something new every few days.
Does everyone else feel this responsibility for their blog?
Does it start to rule your life?
Do you lie awake at night thinking of things to say?

Mine is but a humble blurb - some blogs I've seen rival the Times for news, views and pics - this must take some serious effort.

How do you do it without it taking over your life?!!

Maybe I'm just a lazy little blogger........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When a random thought or observation hits me, I tend to blog it (without assuming but mildly hoping that someone else might be vaguely interested!) and when no thoughts - random or otherwise - hit me then I don't blog. Mine is definitely not one of those political/academic/constructive type blogs - which is why I deliberately described it as a bit of random teabreak stuff. There's much less pressure that way - you own your blog, it doesn't own you. And if it helps I like checking yours every so often to see if there's a new post - why don't you keep it and just say something if and when you want to - and the rest of the time stick out your tongue at the blog and say, "I'm in charge!"

2:04 AM

 
Blogger Jag said...

Ditto Michelle's points. I tend to blog around pictures. So I take a picture - and then write some little ditty around it. Sometimes the connection between picture and story is tenuous - but that's OK - because I'm a daydreamer and the blog is like a way of recording random, sometimes banal, stuff. As for frequency - once or twice a week is all the time I can get to attend to mine - sometimes even once in two weeks.

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Majic said...

Thanks both.
Think I was just having a bad day, and stressing!

3:26 AM

 
Blogger RenaSherwood said...

As answers to your posts' questions: yes, yes, yes and really don't have much of a life other than in front of the computer, or behind a book, or behind my dog, so it's not much of a difference!

Nice blog!

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home