A collection of brain dumps which I feel the need to share with the world.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

25 very random things- Update 2012

Well, here I am re-visiting my old blog! Isn't it funny how our reality changes? So some of my 25 random things are no longer relevant - here is an updated 2012 version:


1. I'm not a natural blonde ;)
I'm not blonde at all any more! I'm back to my natural colour, and seem to be going darker as I get older. Hoping I take after my dad, who still wasn't fully grey when he died, aged 80...

2. The only vegetable I won't eat is Okra (yuk yuk yuk yuk YUK!!!)
Have since revisited okra when I went for dinner at my neighbour's house. She is an African princess, and an amazing cook. Now, her okra I loved!

3. I can't eat wheat, dairy or soya :(
Still the same, only now I barely eat any grains at all, barely any pulses and no citrus fruits. But I feel great, so it's all good!

4. I was in an American documentary about childbirth which went out to 12 million viewers (but I never got to see it).Still haven't seen it, but have been on telly again, being interviewed for the launch of a new magazine. I was (and sort of still am only I never seem to find time to submit anything) one of the regular contributors to Mindscape magazine.

5. My favourite number is 2, I was born on 22nd, husband on 2nd and daughter on 2nd.
Still like number 2. Not keen on number 7.
 
6. I had teeth when I was born.
I guess this hasn't changed!

7.I am crawling my way through a degree in Nutritional Medicine, which I will finish in 2012, just in time for the end of the world.
I actually finished in 2011, as I decided I'd had enough and didn't stay on to do the Honours. So I managed to finish it and am now qualified.
 
8. I see dead people on a fairly regular basis.
Actually, not so much these days. But weird stuff still happens to me, mostly in crop circles.

9. I love travelling, and hate staying in one place for too long.
This hasn't changed. In fact I'm just preparing for house move number 13, though rather more reluctantly this time. And was very glad to return home from my last trip abroad, though it was to a volatile part of Egypt and Israel, and I got some form of dysentery, so perhaps not the best travel experience I've ever had.

10. I am terrible at throwing things away.
Not any more! Have thrown away so much stuff recently that the cat is scared to sit still for too long. And it feels great!! Very cathartic.

11. I was a bit of child prodigy, but peaked at age 11 and it's been downhill ever since.
I have handed the baton on to my daughter - she has inherited my brains but is actually using them.

12. I hate filling in forms and birthday cards and always make a mistake.
Nope, no change there.

10. I love singing, horse riding, walking and being out in the fresh air, communing with nature.
Still love all of these things, plus writing, of course, and doing anything to be active again after so long sat on my bum!

11. I love scalding hot baths.
Yep, almost passed out after last night's bath. Don't know why I do this to myself, though my current house is, I believe, built over the entrance to the 9th circle of Hell (which, as you may recall, was iced over) so scalding hot baths are the only way of staying warm.

12. I talk a lot, and can't shut up once I get going.
I don't think anyone would disagree with this...

13. I have written the first few chapters of about ten books so far, but my dream is to finish one and get it published.
Have an idea for another great book! Have made lots of notes and it actually stands a chance of being written! Watch this space...

14. I love cooking, but NEVER stick to a recipe.
Have come dangerously close to following some of Jamie's recipes recently! But still have to add my own 'je ne sais quoi!' It really is 'Je ne sais quoi', as I can then never make the same dish again, but it keeps life interesting.

15.My nickname is 'Mrs. Doolittle' as I love animals and think I can talk to them.
Yes, I'm still as bonkers as ever in this department.

16. I once sat next to the marketing director of Playboy Enterprises on a plane to America. He was one of the nicest men I have met, and wrote to me for years afterwards. Our postman used to look at husband with respect at Christmas when the Playboy card came.
Henry has died now, bless him, of prostate cancer, but I can honestly say that no one lived life to the full more than he did!

17. I have been kissed by Richard E. Grant, Uri Geller and Midge Ure.
I have now added a few more celebrities to this list, but if I divulged their names I would have to kill you...

18. I am addicted to computer games, especially Solitaire and Backgammon.
Not any more! No time, though I do like a dash of Facebook and Twitter.

19. I have a secret passion for trashy Murder mysteries like Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder.I also adore American Comedy like Friends, Frasier. And I watch Neighbours!
Nope, barely watch any TV at all, except X Factor and Dexter.

20. When I was younger I was a New Romantic, and had blue, red, pink green and orange hair (though not all at the same time).
I would now never let my daughter do this - what a hypocrite!

21. I was a porker when I was young, and my nickname was 'Tank' (thanks to my sister Deb).
I know understand the reason for this, thanks to my course, but the emotional scars are still there. I can never quite believe that I'm slim.

22. I am 1/8 Italian.
Well, of course hasn't changed, though I have since discovered that I am also related to Jenny Lind and Uther Pendragon. I must get my singing voice from Jenny; not sure what I get from Uther, though I have had two cats called Merlin.

23. I used to be a church chorister and once sang in Lichfield Cathedral (the highpoint of my singing career apparently).
Well, I have had my moments since then, but the last time I sang in public was at my father's funeral two years ago. Tough.

24. I love scorching hot weather and being warm - I put on a polo neck in October and don't take it off till March (I don't wear the same one obviously).
I think I used to have hypothyroidism! I'm much hotter stuff now (though still like the aforementioned hot baths...).

25. I am probably an alien.
Erm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home